News

GW2: Shadow of the Mad King 10/22

COMING SOON
Halloween is almost here.
There’s a baleful moon on the rise and a chill in the air.
Ghosts bemoan their lonesome graves,
and bats in the belfry grow restless and crazed.
Prepare your costume; get ready for sweets.
It’s almost time to shout, “Trick or treat!”

Forum Image Forum Image Forum Image

Shadow of the Mad King
Release Overview

Halloween has a long history in Tyria, and in times past was always marked by the spirit of Mad King Thorn cavorting among the people unleashing his own brand of insanity. However, it’s been over 250 years since he was last seen, and for most people he is merely a figure of folklore. Despite this, rumors persist among the populace that something wicked this way comes.

Shadow of the Mad King is the first major game release for Guild Wars 2 and will go live on October 22. This new game update will include a number of new features for all of our players to enjoy, new content to explore and see, and a week-long Halloween event.

Last edited by WWBrooklyn on Oct. 13th, 2012 1:40:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Oh my gosh! Halloween! My favorite, yet I dread it more every year because I get older *sigh* buuuut YAY!!! Can't wait for the events!
Shadow of the Mad King
Runs from October 22 until November 1* in four frightful acts:
Act 1: Begins October 22
Act 2: October 26
Act 3: October 28
Act 4: October 31

Update tonight I guess........ After 8pm EDT would be after Midnight in EU

AidanTaylor
English Community Manager wrote:
The email blast that went out earlier is quite correct. Due to differences with timezones the event starts past midnight (this evening) for European players, the event starts worldwide at the same time. Obviously this means that it will run until the 2nd of November (again due to timezone differences).

Last edited by WWBrooklyn on Oct. 22nd, 2012 3:30:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Twitter:
Guild Wars 2 ‏@GuildWars2
Quote:
ACT 1 of the "Shadow of the Mad King" update will go live late this afternoon (Pacific time), do not expect it until past midnight GMT. ^AT

About the Weary Warriors

The Weary Warriors Gaming Guild has the single purpose to forge and strengthen camaraderie between a group of mature game hobbyists. The company of good people becomes the best part of all of the games we play. While we strive to excel in the games we play with or against each other, excellence of character will always be more important than gaming skill.

No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em