News

OBSIDIAN'S SKYFORGE BRACES FOR OPEN BETA LATER THIS MONTH

OBSIDIAN'S SKYFORGE BRACES FOR OPEN BETA LATER THIS MONTH

Early access for Founder's Pack owners, too.

BY SETH G. MACY

Obsidian Entertainment has announced that its free-to-play science-fiction MMORPG Skyforge will enter open beta on July 16.

Gamers who purchased a Skyforge Founder's Pack will have a shot at the open beta a full week before everyone else, beginning on July 9, giving them plenty of time to feel their way around and get the jump on everyone else.

Sci-Fi MMORPG Skyforge Open Beta Trailer

According to the developers, the open beta is the "culmination of four extended closed beta tests," and will let players explore the world of Aelion "through the Ascension Atlas as five diverse classes on an unlimited basis."

Players who join the open-beta during the first two weeks will be granted two special costumes. To access the beta, players need to register an account at the Skyforge website and then download the client when it's made available.

The first round of closed-betas for Skyforge was announced in February, along with the founder's pack. Those who snapped up a founder's pack at that early date were given access to all four of the closed betas in addition to the early-access for the upcoming open beta.

Will you be joining the Skyforge open beta, or were you one of the closed beta testers? Let us know in the comments.

What does the WWs think of this one. Anyone planing to try it?

I've been in the CBT. It's alright. Really need to give it more playtime. I'll probably try it out again during the early access since I can. 

Just watched a video on it, probably will give it a shot; btw, hey everyone :D

I am Briskke Moon on the north american server 

see you in the game!

About the Weary Warriors

The Weary Warriors Gaming Guild has the single purpose to forge and strengthen camaraderie between a group of mature game hobbyists. The company of good people becomes the best part of all of the games we play. While we strive to excel in the games we play with or against each other, excellence of character will always be more important than gaming skill.

No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em