MMO's

Wildstar Google Authenticator and LOOTZ

Lock It Down Cupcakes: Carbine Adds Google Authentication Rewards

If you have ever had your account hacked in a video game you know the headache and heartache it causes.  Carbine is being proactive and taking steps to ensure Wildstar players account safety.  Not only will the authentication process protect a player’s account but players who choose to follow suit will be rewarded with a title, costume piece and progression boosts!

Wildstar will be utilizing Google’s 2-step Verification Application, the application is similar to World of Warcraft’s Authenticator but is more versatile as the application translates to other services around the web.  In order to setup your account with the application you will need; a Windows Phone, iOS or Android device or even a Windows PC with Net 4.0.

Set-Up Process:

1. Log in to your NCSoft Account through the Wildstar website and click on “My Account” then “Add” next to 2-Step Verification which is found under Account Security.
  2. Have your desired device handy with the Google Authenticator Application already installed.  Once open, enter the code as instructed from your Wildstar Account (or scan the generated QR code.)
  3. Once added, the device will portray your Wildstar login email (this can be edited at this time.)
  4. After the 2-Step Verification is added you will receive an email confirmation.
  5. At this point on, whenever you login, you will be met with an additional window that will require a unique set of numbers from your device.

It is quite inconvenient if you lose your device (or trade it in) so make sure to go through steps to remove the authenticator from your account before you sell/trade your device.  This same 2-step method can be applied to your Google account which will increase your security even further, in the past NCSoft has recommended that players create a unique Gmail with 2-Step Verification for use on specific games (no crossover or use on other websites.)

The Rewards:

If you choose to go through this process (which Wildstar-Core absolutely recommends) you will be met with some sweet loots.  The progression boosts offer 2% increase to Experience, Renown and Prestige gains (VERY handy with the upcoming Head Start.)  As well as a spiffy character title; “Certifiably Certified” and a unique costume piece; “Cybernetic Eyepatch.”

Well I set this up and it works. However when you log into wildstar it will ask you to use your mouse to click the 6 digit code and the numbers are randomized on the screen. Not sure if ill keep this.

I can type 6 random numbers to guarantee my account doesn't get hacked. As a person who has had to go through the ordeal of getting his account back after a hack, believe me, 6 random numbers is well worth the hassle.  (Plus 2% XP boost is cool too)

About the Weary Warriors

The Weary Warriors Gaming Guild has the single purpose to forge and strengthen camaraderie between a group of mature game hobbyists. The company of good people becomes the best part of all of the games we play. While we strive to excel in the games we play with or against each other, excellence of character will always be more important than gaming skill.

No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em