General Discussion

No Server Browser for Battlefront

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT WILL NOT FEATURE SERVER BROWSER, SAYS DICE

Fans are not happy.

BY VIKKI BLAKE

Star Wars Battlefront will not feature a server browser.

Developer DICE confirmed the news via EA's community manager, Sledgehammer70, on the game's Subreddit page, stating that while a server browser will not be available it will use a "new skill-based matchmaking system" to match online players.

This moves away from server set-ups in games like Battlefield 4, where players can select from a variety of servers providing different maps, modes, player numbers, and the ability to find active games with their friends.

"I want to have specific, favourite servers with communities I know etc.," said one fan on the Subreddit page. "I want to have servers with one map only. Matchmaking won't offer me that."

We've reached out to EA for comment and will update just as soon as we know more.

EA announced yesterday that the Star Wars Battlefront beta for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC, available in "early October." 

About the Weary Warriors

The Weary Warriors Gaming Guild has the single purpose to forge and strengthen camaraderie between a group of mature game hobbyists. The company of good people becomes the best part of all of the games we play. While we strive to excel in the games we play with or against each other, excellence of character will always be more important than gaming skill.

No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em