Shooters!

FairFight info from Devs

S1ngular1ty wrote

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670126678133/1/ [battlelog.battlefield.com] 

I summarized so people don't have to read a 50 page thread.

Originally posted by BOOMBABY-sabz (DICE Employee in charge of this effort). 

Hi guys, 

FairFight is not catching cheaters based on just a killing streak or a lucky round; there are more values and credentials to it. I can't of course give you detailed information on how FairFight is working, but if you are a legitimate player, you have nothing to fear. 
I have reviewed all bans made so far and I can assure you that all bans are justified. We are looking over the disputes coming in and no ban has yet been a false positive. 

I want you to keep in mind that hack sites are telling their members to complain loudly in forums about being banned. We are making cheaters using hacks from the top hack sites really angry and scared by banning them, because they don't know how to control this. 

I hope I have clarified some worries and doubt from you guys even if I didn't tell you that much. I want you to enjoy our game without the experience of cheaters destroying your matches.

All banned players get an email sent to them about information regarding the ban. They will also get information how to dispute it if they feel that they have been falsely banned. I am reviewing all bans and all disputes to be 100% sure that all banned players really are cheaters and earning the ban.

I can't discuss other banned players cases and I simply responded to that thread to kill some myths about FairFight banning legitimate players. I am looking through forums on hack sites, and they are instructing their members to complain loudly to spread doubt about FairFight. I mean, of course cheaters are going to complain about being banned. The members are asking for refunds and are very scared and frustrated because they have no idea why or how they are getting caught. 

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I get that you all might have doubts about the system because you don't know how it's working. Either you trust what I'm saying, or you simply don't. My priority is to give you a better experience when playing and not to have any false positives. 

Edit: Also, regarding the server crashes; I'm not working in that area but the team is working on it.

...as long as no cheat was used, you are safe. We have of course taken into consideration the aspects in how to get an awesome KDR.

Hack sites have tried to figure FairFight out for some time now and has guides on how to counter it without success.

What are you basing you assumptions on FairFight banning innocent players on? Is it all the "innocent" players saying so? 
You have no idea how this system works, because we are only sharing a small amount of information with you. If we would share, the hacking companies would know how to conquer this, and that is something we don't want, right?

No, FairFight isn't used in BF3.

Hi guys, 

I just want to clarify on some questions regarding FairFight. 

1. DICE was not involved with the testing of FairFight in BF3. We knew that FairFight was implemented on some servers, but it was up to the server admins. Look at it as the streaming services such as GGC Streams. 

2. DICE take all disputes seriously. We don't want to punish any player wrongfully and we look through disputes thoroughly. 

Thank you guys for being awesome and loving our game!

About the Weary Warriors

The Weary Warriors Gaming Guild has the single purpose to forge and strengthen camaraderie between a group of mature game hobbyists. The company of good people becomes the best part of all of the games we play. While we strive to excel in the games we play with or against each other, excellence of character will always be more important than gaming skill.

No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em