Shooters!

Battlefield 3 will have Team Deathmatch

DICE Bringing Back Team Deathmatch to Battlefield 3By UnlimitedLives on 01 July 2011 in Articles with No Comments
3Share

In a recent interview posted on the Battlefield Blog, Lead Multiplayer Designer Lars Gustvasson discussed why the development team had decided that which it hasn’t been an available option in the menu since Battlefield 1942. The decision came about when the team had to compare Battlefield 2 to Battlefield 3 and what they felt had to change.

“We thought a lot about Battlefield 2 and how Battlefield 3 would relate to it. The mindset at DICE during the development of Battlefield 2 was pretty much: “Play the game our way, or play something else”. Now, we have made a conscious effort to reverse that mentality. The goal with Battlefield 3 is to offer a vast variety of gameplay experiences and to be inviting to everyone. We’re not telling you how to play the game. You choose.”
When it came to the question on why Team Deathmatch was added to the game, Lars had this to say:

“It would almost be a criminal offense not to offer TDM to our fans, especially with the tactical destruction and realistic soldier movement that Frostbite 2 brings to the game”
I honestly don’t really care if Team Deathmatch was added or not because I’ve always played the Team Objective modes like TDM and I’m sure I’m not the only selfish bastard out there. This could also be a good way to grab the attention of Call of Duty fans who play nothing but TDM and are looking for alternative modern war shooter
About the Weary Warriors

The Weary Warriors Gaming Guild has the single purpose to forge and strengthen camaraderie between a group of mature game hobbyists. The company of good people becomes the best part of all of the games we play. While we strive to excel in the games we play with or against each other, excellence of character will always be more important than gaming skill.

No FB Yes FB Hand (smaller) Lap 40.063em Desk 64.063em Wall 90.063em